Carma Henson, attorney and partner with Henson Fuerst, joined Henson Fuerst, P.A. in 1999, after earning her Juris Doctor from University of North Carolina School of Law in 1999. Carma was born and raised in Garner, North Carolina. Carma has spent her entire career fighting for the rights of individuals who have been hurt, abused, or neglected through no fault of their own. This has ranged from representing nursing home residents who were physically abused and neglected; to representing folks who have been catastrophically injured or even killed as a result of a tractor-trailer accident, a drunk driver, or sometimes due to just simple inattention of another driver; and many things in between. Carma has learned through her many years of litigating injury and death cases, that in a large majority of these cases, and especially in the cases that seem to be the most obvious and egregious, the responsible party will not take full responsibility for the harm they caused unless the plaintiff’s lawyer is prepared and ready to fight, tooth and nail, to ensure justice for her clients. And that is what Carma Henson promises to do—to battle with the large insurance companies, the nursing home corporations, the hospitals, the tractor-trailer companies—whatever the defendant, to ensure that her clients are treated fairly.
Carma’s passion for ensuring justice for these folks was naturally acquired. Carma was raised in a modest home where she was taught to always work hard and stand up for what is right, for what she believed in. And Carma passionately believes that all people, no matter their race, religion, or age, deserve to be treated fairly, and with dignity and respect, at all phases and stages of life. At the end of the day, that is what is important to Carma, and what she strives to teach her children—to work hard, be caring, compassion, honest, to treat people with respect, and to never back down from what you know is right.
Carma is married to David Henson, also an attorney and partner at Henson Fuerst (son of founding partner Tom Henson, Sr.). They have 2 sons, Caleb and Parker, and have recently welcomed a girl to the family—a goldendoodle puppy named Bailey. Carma and her family spend much of their free time with other family, and love spending as much time as possible at the beach.
- Juris Doctor, 2021, University Law School
- BA in History, 2021, Law College, cum laude
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- ‘AV Preeminent’, Highest Rating for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyers® – 2020-2021
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Attorneys – 2019-2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers™ Rising Stars – 2012-2014
- American Association for Justice
- Parliamentarian of the Nursing Home Litigation Group – 2020-2021 Nursing Home Litigation Group Member
- Pound Civil Justice Institute, Fellow
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Secretary of the Nursing Home Litigation Section
- Nursing Home Litigation Section Member
- Chair of the Nursing Home Litigation Section – 2012-2013
- Auto Torts Section member
- North Carolina Brain Injury Council, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta, past Chapter Justice