Here at HensonFuerst Attorneys, we believe in helping organizations that benefit health and community causes. That’s why we participate in a variety of fundraising events.
Today, we learned that one of our local shelters (run by the United Community Ministries) is nearly out of all food and hygiene items. This is a difficult time for everyone. Food and budgets are stretched tighter than ever. For some families, the financial situation is dire, and they find themselves in need of real help for the first time ever. And donations are down because those who typically give are feeling their own economic pinch.
United Community Ministries provides food boxes for families in the community who are sent by churches and Social Services…runs a soup kitchen for families and individuals in need…and fixes meals for residents of the homeless shelter. The organization does so much good in the community, with a very limited budget of its own.
That’s why HensonFuerst is sponsoring a food drive for United Community Ministries. Here are the details:
- Donations are being accepted at the HensonFuerst Rocky Mount office, located at 2317 Sunset Avenue, Rocky Mount, NC, 27804.
- The drive begins today, July 18, and runs through Saturday, July 30.
- A special drop-off event is planned for Saturday, July 30, from 8:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m. Volunteers will be on hand to accept the donations and greet you as you drive into the parking lot—you won’t even need to get out of the car! Just hand off the items, and continue on with your weekend.
- If you would like to make a cash donation, write check to HensonFuerst, but put “United Community Ministries food drive” on the memo line. You can drop off the check, or mail it to our Rocky Mount address (above–write “attn: Food Drive” on the envelope).
- All types of non-perishable food and hygiene items are needed but items that especially needed are:
- Canned Meats
- Canned Veggies
- Canned Soup
- Canned Tomato products
- Canned Fruit
- Peanut Butter
- Meal Mixes, such as Hamburger Helper, Rice-A-Roni, etc.
- Condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Toilet Paper
- Baby Formula
- Baby Wipes
Thank you for your help. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-4-LAWMED.
To learn more about United Community Ministries, see their website at http://www.bassettcenter.org/.