Motorcycle Accidents/Property Damage Help

Property damage claims cover any personal property that is damaged in a motorcycle wreck. Damage may include:

  • fixing or replacing your motorcycle,
  • towing the bike if it can’t be driven,
  • replacing personal items, such as clothing or saddlebags,
  • and repairing body damage to the motorcycle caused by the wreck itself.

Injuries to you, a passenger, or other people involved in the accident are not covered under property damage claims. If you have been injured, the North Carolina motorcycle accident attorneys at Henson Fuerst can help. Call (919) 781-1107 or complete a free initial consultation form.

How to File a Property Damage Claim

Generally, your property damage claim must be paid by the insurance company of the at-fault driver. In North Carolina, after the wreck, a claim will need to be filed with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Once the claim is set up and the insurance company has a copy of the police report, the insurance company will send a property damage adjuster to look at your motorcycle.

If the damage to the bike is less than 75 percent of the value of the bike, then the insurance company will pay the cost to repair it. If the damage is greater than 75 percent, then the motorcycle will usually be declared a total loss, in which case the insurance company will usually “buy” the wrecked bike from you and pay you the value of the vehicle at the time it was damaged.

Rental Vehicle

In North Carolina, the insurance company also is responsible for providing a rental car, or replacement bike, to you during the time it is being repaired. If your bike was a total loss, then the insurance company is responsible for providing a rental vehicle until the insurance company makes you an offer for the total loss.

Location Icon

Raleigh Office

3110 Edwards Mill Rd # 100,
Raleigh, NC 27612
P (919) 781-1107
F (919) 781-8048

Rocky Mount Office

2317 Sunset Ave,
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
P (252) 443-2111
F (252) 443-9429
Scroll to Top