Family members of nursing home residents have certain rights they should be aware of, including the right to:
- attend and participate in needs assessments and care planning meetings.
- be informed of resident’s rights.
- immediate access to visit the resident at any time, if the resident so desires.
- be notified within 24 hours of an accident resulting in injury, a significant change in the resident’s condition, an alteration in treatment, or a decision to transfer the resident.
- be promptly notified of room or roommate changes.
- participate in a family council and make recommendations and present grievances without retaliation.
Upon the admission of each resident, the nursing home should be provided a list of next of kin and any legal representatives of the resident who are chosen to have access to the above rights.
Have Your Rights Been Denied?
If your rights as a family member have been denied, the North Carolina nursing home abuse lawyers at Henson Fuerst can help. Our legal team will demand that your rights are observed, and that your loved one receives the care he or she needs. Call today at (919) 781-1107 or complete a free initial consultation form now.