Carma Henson is a partner at Henson Fuerst, where she practices with her husband, David Henson, as well as her brother-in-law Thomas, and Rachel Fuerst. Carma is currently serving as the Treasurer of the American Association for Justice’s Nursing Home Litigation Group, and is Vice-President of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice’s Nursing Home Section.
Carma joined Henson Fuerst after graduating from UNC School of Law in 1999, and has spent her career fighting to protect the rights of people who have been hurt, abused, or neglected through no fault of their own. Carma’s practice is focused on handling nursing home abuse and neglect cases—always battling the large corporations that put profits over people, risking the health and safety of our most vulnerable and frail population in order to make a large profit.
Carma’s passion for ensuring justice for these folks was naturally acquired. Carma was raised in a modest home where she learned to always work hard and stand up for what is right, for what she believed in.
Carma passionately believes that all people, no matter their race, religion, or age, deserve to be treated fairly, and with dignity and respect, at all phases and stages of life. At the end of the day, that is what is important to Carma, and what she strives to teach her children—to work hard, be caring, compassionate, honest, to treat people with respect, and to never back down from what you know is right.
Carma is married to David Henson, also an attorney and partner at Henson Fuerst (son of founding partner Tom Henson, Sr.). They have 2 sons, Caleb and Parker, who bring lots of laughter to the dinner table, as well as a sweet goldendoodle, Bailey. Carma and her family spend much of their free time with extended family, and love spending as much time as possible at the beach.
“Regarding nursing home abuse, it’s absolutely necessary to help protect elderly people who have given to us all of their lives. Now it’s our turn to take care of them.” – Carma Henson
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- ‘AV Preeminent’, Highest Rating for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyers® – 2020-2022
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Attorneys – 2019-2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers™ Rising Stars – 2012-2014
- American Association for Justice
- Treasurer of the Nursing Home Litigation Group
- Parliamentarian of the Nursing Home Litigation Group – 2020-2021
- Nursing Home Litigation Group Member
- Pound Civil Justice Institute, Fellow
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Vice President of the Nursing Home Litigation Section
- Nursing Home Litigation Section Member
- Chair of the Nursing Home Litigation Section – 2012-2013
- Auto Torts Section member
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta, past Chapter Justice
Talk with us for Free.
The Henson Fuerst attorneys are always ready to talk to you about your case at absolutely no cost to you. We’ll answer questions that you may have and help you get back on your feet.
Home Page Evaluation Form
Free Case Evaluation