For over 30 years’ cyclists have been gathering at Union Grove Methodist Church to enjoy a group ride in Cary, NC. A recent video shows some frightening footage of a group of cyclists during some shocking moments, where all were lucky to escape injury free.
Mike Doub captured the near-fatal accident on his camera explaining, “He realized he wasn’t going to be able to get past – and so he correctly made the right decision to pull off to the left as opposed to plowing right into us.”
Multiple cyclists across North Carolina explain that incidents like these happen far too often.
Each year thousands of cyclists in North Carolina sustain injuries due to negligent drivers. With more people turning to their bike as an efficient mode of transportation, a way to get daily exercise, or for a weekly group ride, it is our role as drivers to know the rules of the road!
At Henson Fuerst many of our attorneys are avid cyclists who have seen tragic accidents play out. We want to remind everyone of these proper bike safety tips:
- Always wear proper safety gear – make sure to always wear a helmet that fits you properly!
- Ride your bike responsibly – all bicyclists are required to follow the same rules and responsibilities on the road as motorists!
- Be prepared for your ride – make sure your bike properly fits you, plan the route you are taking, wear bright clothing or reflective gear, make sure your bike is working!
- Ride defensively – drive with the flow of the traffic, be aware of parked cars, obey all traffic signals, and never listen to music while riding.
- Drive predictably – make sure you are communicating with motorists – properly signal, drive where you are expected to be seen like designated bike lanes.
If you or a loved one suffers serious injury in a Bicycle Accident that was not your fault, call Henson Fuerst at 866-677-0420. When you call, you will receive a FREE, confidential consultation with one of our experienced North Carolina Bike Accident attorneys.
At Henson Fuerst, we will investigate every detail of your bike accident at no cost to you and fight hard to protect your rights. You can trust Henson Fuerst to handle every detail of your case so you can focus on your recovery. You will never pay an attorney’s fee up front, and you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters