The nursing home abuse lawyers at HensonFuerst pass along these 10 rights to which every person in nursing care, their families or caregivers, are entitled. The rights are:
1. The right to be well aware of the resident’s health status, medications and conditions;
2. The right to keep confidential and safe the resident’s medical records;
3. The right to manage and handle one’s own money;
4. The right to reject in partaking in studies meant for experimentation;
5. The right to reject services not included in care plan;
6. The right to have medical reports and files accessible to the resident;
7. The right to have the resident’s physician of record make a visit;
8. The right to express any unease or concern about the care and treatment provided in the nursing home;
9. The right for residents to send and receive mails, use a telephone, and share a room with spouse;
10. The right to complain against any staff member without fear.
The HensonFuerst nursing home abuse lawyers stand ready to protect the rights of persons in nursing home care, their families or caregivers.