Hernia Mesh Implant Attorneys
Hernia Mesh Implants Linked to Dangerous Side Effects
Hernia mesh is an alternative to stitches for reducing the recurrence of hernia. The mesh can also encourage new tissue growth, which eventually integrates the mesh into the surrounding area. There are several different types of hernia mesh products that have been recalled due to causing numerous adverse reactions. Three of the hernia mesh models are Atrium C-Qur, Bard Ventralex ST and Ethicon Physiomesh. These are all coated mesh products (meaning they were coated with different substances) and the coatings have contributed to infections, mesh migration or other complications.
Hernia mesh has been linked to:
- Product failure
- Abdominal pain
- Organ perforation
- Slow wound/no wound closure
- Bowel obstruction
- Revision surgery
- And more
Hernia mesh is a medical product that was approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to help provide support to weakened or damaged tissue in patients undergoing surgical procedures. Most commonly, hernia mesh is used in patients undergoing surgery to repair a hernia, but they can also be used during chest wall reconstruction surgery.
Many patients across the U.S. have received hernia mesh during hernia or chest wall reconstruction surgery that could fail.
If you or a loved are experiencing pain and discomfort, or required a revision surgery from defective hernia mesh, you may have a claim to compensation.
Call the experienced North Carolina Product Liability attorneys at Henson Fuerst immediately at (919) 781-1107 or complete a free initial consultation form to learn more about your legal rights. Our attorneys have extensive experience standing up to major medical product manufacturers on behalf of our clients. Call today to learn how Henson Fuerst may be able to help.
Atrium C-Qur Mesh Implants
One type of hernia mesh that has received a high number of safety complains is the Atrium C-Qur (pronounced “secure”) mesh implant.
- 2012 – An FDA investigation into these products revealed that many of the Atrium C-Qur mesh implants used in surgery were not sterile, leading to a much higher risk of serious complications and infections for patients.
- August 2013 - The FDA recalled 1,500 units of Atrium C-Qur edge mesh after it was discovered that the mesh would often adhere to the inner packaging liner when exposed to high levels of humidity.
- 2015 - The FDA finally put a stop to further manufacturing of Atrium C-Qur mesh due to the high number of safety complaints issued by patients and doctors.
If you or a loved one had a surgical procedure that used hernia mesh between 2006 and 2015 and if you experienced any adverse side effects or required revision surgery, call Henson Fuerst for help.
Ethicon Physiomesh Implants
Ethicon is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, one of the largest medical product and device manufacturers in the world. Ethicon’s Physiomesh mesh products have also been linked to dangerous side effects and serious concerns over patient safety.
- May 2016 - Ethicon issued an urgent field safety notice to doctors and surgeons, notifying them that Ethicon Physiomesh implants would be voluntarily recalled from the market. The reason for the recall was that 2 independent studies found that Ethicon Physiomesh was linked to much higher rates of revision surgery compared to comparable mesh implant products.
Henson Fuerst May Be Able to Help
If you or a loved one are experiencing pain, discomfort, infection, or if you required a second surgery after receiving any hernia mesh product, Henson Fuerst may be able to help. Our experienced North Carolina Product Liability attorneys have both the legal and medical knowledge necessary to help protect your rights.
Henson Fuerst will fight hard to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve. Call today at 919-781-1107 or complete a free online consultation form. When you call Henson Fuerst, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front. We will investigate every detail of your situation at no cost to you and answer any questions you have.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters
Talk with us for Free.
The Henson Fuerst attorneys are always ready to talk to you about your case at absolutely no cost to you. We’ll answer questions that you may have and help you get back on your feet.
Home Page Evaluation Form
Free Case Evaluation