Dog Bite Attorneys
Dog Bites and attacks are a serious health problem that impact millions of Americans every year. Dogs may be loyal pets to some, but they can cause severe injuries when they bite or attack humans.
If you or a loved one has been injured or attacked by a dog, call Henson Fuerst right away. Dog bite cases can be extremely complex, and require the assistance of an experienced North Carolina Dog Bite attorney. When you trust Henson Fuerst with your case, we will fight hard to ensure that your rights are protected.
The Facts Are:
Dogs are among the most popular pets in the United States, and are a valued member of millions of households. In fact, more than 1 out of every 3 households in the U.S owns a dog, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association.
The Centers for Disease Control estimate that nearly 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the U.S. Of those millions of dog bite cases, 885,000 victims suffered injuries serious enough to require medical attention.
Here are some additional statistics about dog bites in the U.S, provided by the public education website DogsBite.org:
- There were 34 dog bite-related fatalities in 2015
- Dog bites and other dog-related injuries accounted for over 1/3 of all homeowners insurance liability claim dollars that were paid out in 2015
- In 2015, dog bite insurance claims cost insurance companies more than $570 million
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, children ages 5 to 9 are the most likely to receive medical attention related to dog bite-injuries
- Adults with 2 or more dogs in their household are 5x more likely to be bitten than those living without dogs at home
- There are over 60 different kinds of bacteria in a dogs mouth, and up to 18% of people with dog bites become infected with this bacteria
Reduce Your Risk of Injury
It is important to remember that no matter how friendly a dog may seem, they are still animals that may turn violent at a moment’s notice. Keep the following safety tips in mind in order to reduce your risk of being injured by a dog:
- If approached by an unfamiliar dog, remain motionless and DO NOT run away. Running is more likely to cause a dog to become agitated and chase after you.
- Always ask a dog’s owner if it is safe to pet or approach their dog before doing so. Even if a dog seems calm, you can never be sure what might provoke an attack.
- If you observe a dog that is behaving strangely, or that you believe might be a stray, contact your local Animal Control unit right away.
In North Carolina, dog owners are liable for any damage caused by their pet. North Carolina also imposes strict leash laws that make it illegal for dogs to enter any public area without proper supervision.
For more information and resources about Dog Bites, visit the Centers for Disease Control’s Dog Bite Prevention page here, or visit DogsBite.org.
Henson Fuerst is Here to Help
The physical and emotional scars from a dog attack can last a lifetime. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries or required reconstructive surgery after a dog bite or attack, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Call the experienced North Carolina Dog Bite attorneys at Henson Fuerst right away at (919) 781-1107 or fill out a free consultation form online.
When you call, one of our dedicated, compassionate attorneys will discuss your case with you absolutely FREE. We will investigate every detail of your accident and fight hard to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve for your serious injuries.
At Henson Fuerst, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front, and you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
Talk with us for Free.
The Henson Fuerst attorneys are always ready to talk to you about your case at absolutely no cost to you. We’ll answer questions that you may have and help you get back on your feet.
Home Page Evaluation Form
Free Case Evaluation