Leila Hicks joined Henson Fuerst in 2024 and focuses her practice on personal injury. Prior to joining the firm, Leila was a partner with a large, multi-state personal injury firm. Since being admitted to the bar, Leila has been a zealous advocate for her clients in personal injury, family law and disability matters. Leila has exercised her passion for client advocacy in negotiations and in the courtroom.
Originally from Davie County, Leila earned her B.A. from the University of North Carolina where she double majored in Philosophy and Political Science with a Minor in Social and Economic Justice. A true Double Tar Heel, she received her J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law where she was an editor of the North Carolina Business Institute Journal.
Leila believes that one of the most important factors in the success of a client’s case is the strength of the relationship between the lawyer and the client. In all her cases, she prioritizes connecting with the client, understanding who they are, and understanding the impact that the case has had on their life. Having that knowledge allows her to truly help those in need.
Outside of work, Leila enjoys spending time with her husband, son, and dog. She also volunteers with Special Olympics of North Carolina, the North Carolina Bar Foundation and Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties. When she’s not volunteering, you can find her with her book club’s latest selection.
- Bachelor’s Degree – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Juris Doctorate – University of North Carolina School of Law
- North Carolina
Main Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- The North Carolina Bar Association
- The Durham County Bar
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society – 2020
- Charles F. Blanchard Young Lawyer of the Year Award – 2021
- Special Olympics
- Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties
- NBI CLE: Building Your Case with Electronic Evidence: Facebook, Text, Email Evidence and More (2017)
Raleigh, NC 27612 P (919) 781-1107
F (919) 781-8048
Rocky Mount Office
Rocky Mount, NC 27804 P (252) 443-2111
F (252) 443-9429