Types of Medical Transport Accidents
Medical transport injuries can result from various case scenarios, the most frequent ones being:
- Wheelchair lift accidents. Wheelchair lifts serve to aid wheelchair users safely in and out of medical transport vehicles. However, these devices have the potential to be defective, resulting in serious injury to the user.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and falls are the leading cause of medical transport accidents and injuries and often happen in parking lots, on sidewalks, and on wheelchair ramps.
- Improperly secured passenger accidents. Frequently, patients endure serious injuries in transit when they are not properly secured in their seats.
Depending on the nature of the accident, a victim may experience numerous types of injuries that have the potential to be life-threatening. So, it is crucial to seek medical help immediately after an accident. Then, hire an experienced paratransit accident attorney at Henson Fuerst to guide you through the litigation process.
Types of Services These Medical Transport Companies Offer
Medical transport company services come in many forms and offer various types of services such as:
- Handicapped Transportation
- Non-emergency Medical Transportation
- Stretcher Transportation
- Recreational Transportation
- Wheelchair Transportation
- Disabled Transportation
- MRDD Transportation
Types of Facilities Medical Transportation Companies Offer Services To and From
Medical transport companies provide transportation to and from different facilities for elderly and disabled patients every day. These facilities can include:
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Specialized Clinics
- Dialysis Centers
- Cancer Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Recreational Outings
- Hospital Admission and Discharge
- Doctor’s Appointments
- Inter-facility Pickups
- Adult Day Programs
- Emergency Room Discharges
- Retirement Homes
Common Types of Injuries Resulting From Medical Transport Accidents
Any injuries sustained while in transit should be taken seriously and disclosed to doctors and your attorney. These include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Organ damage
A medical transport accident could cause tremendous hardship for everyone involved. However, with an elderly or disabled passenger’s health and safety on the line, the proper representation makes all the difference. The knowledgeable and compassionate paratransit injury attorneys at Henson Fuerst are here to advocate for you or your loved one.
When Medical Transport Companies Let You Down, We’re Ready to Step In. Contact Us Today.
If you or a loved one was injured in a medical transport accident, you are not alone. The attorneys at Henson Fuerst know the ins and outs of medical transport injury cases and will go to great lengths to hold the paratransit company accountable and recover the compensation needed for a safe and speedy recovery. Contact us by filling out and submitting a form online or calling our office at 919-781-1107 for a free legal consultation today.