Medical Treatment After a Workplace Injury

After any accident, if you’re in pain, it’s imperative that you seek medical attention immediately. Having written documentation from the beginning can be helpful when the North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyers at Henson Fuerst are trying to prove your case.

What You Need To Do

You should go to all assigned appointments and be very detailed when you talk to your doctors. Not going to appointments and not giving your doctor enough information to properly treat and build a record of your injuries can weaken your workers’ compensation claim.

It’s also important to follow treatments prescribed by your doctor to completion. By doing so, you may increase your chances of returning to the level of health you had before your accident.

Your Employer’s Doctors

If your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company is paying for your medical treatment, then you must go to its doctors—that’s the general rule for workers’ compensation.

If you believe you need a second opinion from another physician, you are entitled to this care. If you have questions or concerns about the care you’re receiving, contact our experienced North Carolina Workers’ Compensation attorneys at (919) 781-1107 or complete a free initial consultation form.

Location Icon

Raleigh Office

3110 Edwards Mill Rd Suite 100,
Raleigh, NC 27612
P (919) 781-1107
F (919) 781-8048

Rocky Mount Office

2317 Sunset Ave,
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
P (252) 443-2111
F (252) 443-9429

Jacksonville Office

Appointment Only
P (910) 377-7671
Scroll to Top