Toyota Motor Corp. announced today that it is recalling more than 2 million vehicles in the United States to fix issues with
accelerator pedals that can become jammed under floor matsor in the vehicle’s carpeting. According to USA Today, the specific models affected are:
- Lexus GS. About 20,000 2006 and early 2007 Lexus GS 300 and GS 350 all-wheel Drive vehicles to modify the shape of the plastic pad embedded in the driver’s side floor carpet.
- Lexus RX. About 372,000 2004 through 2006 and early 2007 Lexus RX 330, RX 350, and RX 400h vehicles to replace the driver’s side floor carpet cover and retention clips.
- Toyota Highlander. About 397,000 2004 through 2006 Toyota Highlander and Highlander HV vehicles to fix floor mat issues.
- Toyota 4Runner. About 603,000 2003 to 2009 4Runners to address floor mats.
- Lexus LX. 17,000 2009 to 2011 Lexus LXs on floor mats.
- Toyota RAV4. Some 761,00 2006 through 2010 RAV4 to address floor-mat entrapment issues.
In a press release, Toyota stated that owners of the recalled vehicles will begin receiving notifications by mail “beginning in the near future.” That seems a little vague to us. The possibility of accelerator entrapment is serious and, if it happens while you’re driving, could be dangerous and even life-threatening. There are a few of us here at HensonFuerst Attorneys who own and drive one of the recalled vehicles, and you can be sure we’ll be contacting our dealer to find out what we can do immediately to ensure our safety, and the safety of our families.
Toyota offers that:
Detailed information and answers to questions are available to customers at www.toyota.com/recall or www.lexus.com/recall and the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331 or Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-25-LEXUS or 1-800-255-3987.
If you were injured in a car wreck with one of these recalled vehicles, and want to explore your legal options, please feel free to contact HensonFuerst Attorneys at 1-800-4LAW-MED. The consultation is free. If you have questions, HensonFuerst has answers!