If you have been hurt or harmed in an accident due to someone else’s negligence in North Carolina, you can file a claim for compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance. As you begin this process, you may be curious about how much money you’re entitled to under North Carolina law.
However, there is no set average insurance payout for car accidents. This is because several factors come into play, such as the specific details of the accident, the insurance policies of those involved, and varying laws around the country. While there is no pre-defined amount of compensation an accident victim can receive, there are a couple of factors that can give you insight into what to expect from your settlement.
5 Factors that Impact Car Accident Settlement Amounts
- Your injuries. How badly you were hurt in your accident could affect how much you receive in your settlement. If you were severely injured, you could expect more from your payout than if you did not suffer any physical harm.
- The at-fault driver’s insurance. Your settlement will be affected by the at-fault driver’s insurance policy limits. Depending on what coverage they have and whether they meet North Carolina’s minimum car insurance requirements will directly impact the amount you can recover.
- Circumstances of the crash. For example, if the at-fault driver was under the influence, this could impact the overall settlement amount.
- Evidence. Building a strong case utilizing information such as crash scene evidence and proof of prior and current medical treatment can all impact your potential of receiving a higher settlement. An experienced car accident lawyer can help compile all this information for you.
- Negotiation and litigation. Effective negotiation and litigation by an attorney can make all the difference in your case. A lawyer that is willing to negotiate with insurance companies and take your case to court, if necessary, can help improve your chances of getting the maximum recovery you’re entitled.
Car Accident Attorneys Who Put You First
The impact of an accident does not stop on the day of the collision. Dealing with insurance companies, mounting medical bills, and emotional distress following an accident can be overwhelming. However, with the compassionate accident attorneys at Henson Fuerst in your corner, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We will treat your case like our own and do whatever it takes to win you maximum compensation for your experience.
Contact us today by submitting a form below or calling our office at 919-781-1107 for a free legal consultation.