What is the Industrial Commission?

All Worker’s Compensation claims in NC are handled through the North Carolina Industrial Commission.  Worker’s Compensation claims are not handled in the normal civil court system that most people are familiar with:  judges, juries, etc.  The Industrial Commission is comprised of multiple administrative levels of appeal.  When there are disputes, those issues are handled in front of Deputy Commissioners and Commissioners.  Most decisions are then made at a later time and are issued in paper form.  It goes without saying that this process is very unfamiliar to most people.  That is why it is important for injured workers to consult with an attorney before embarking on this process.

Talk with us for Free.

The Henson Fuerst attorneys are always ready to talk to you about your case at absolutely no cost to you. We’ll answer questions that you may have and help you get back on your feet.

Home Page Evaluation Form

Free Case Evaluation

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Locations



3110 Edwards Mill Rd
Suite 210
Raleigh, NC 27612
(919) 781-1107
Fax: (919) 781-8048
View in Google Maps


2317 Sunset Ave.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
(252) 443-2111
Fax: (252) 443-9429
View in Google Maps


(828) 295-7469

*By Appointment Only

Scroll to Top
Skip to content